13 total views, 1 views today
Features covered in Deaf Education in the 21st Century:
· Information on myths and misconceptions about people who are deaf help students understand the issues and challenges that the deaf and hard of hearing population face each day
· Multiple chapters focus on cognition and personal and social development and additionally offer students important information about deaf education that is not always included in introductory material.
· A chapter that examines postsecondary opportunities and employment trends for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
· Several chapters discussing the impact of cochlear implants on language and literacy help students understand this new and complex development in deaf education.
· Extensive coverage on preparing personnel to serve individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing offers unique information, not often found in other texts, about what educators, interpreters and social service providers need to know and do to successfully work with the deaf population.